The Tool Kit

Having the best make-up and skincare is all well and good but having the right tools is essential. My make-up preferences change regularly but the tools I use mainly stay the same. All of these 'tools' are ones I use on a daily basis to help either apply or remove my make-up.



1. Muslin Cloths - a must have to use with cleanser. After massaging cleanser into the skin - for me it's usually the Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish - the muslin cloth helps to remove it plus all traces of your make-up.

2. Eyelash Curlers - this is one of the most recent additions to my 'tool kit'. I bought these curlers from e.l.f. on a whim and I'm definitely glad I did so. Despite their inexpensive price tag these curlers are pretty impressive and give my lashes a good curling and makes mascara look even more dramatic. Now a day doesn't go by without my eyelashes being curled.

3. Real Techniques Expert Face Brush - the best brush - ever - for applying foundation. Trying to get an even base is no longer a chore and I actually enjoy buffing my foundation into the skin with this brush. It leaves your base looking flawless and makes blending easy.

4. Real Techniques Powder Brush - an extremely soft brush, that is so big it literally takes seconds to cover your face in powder.

5. Tweezers - essential for keeping eyebrows in check, and also handy when it comes to applying false eyelashes.

6. Large Cotton Pads - instead of using a tonne of smaller cotton pads, why not use 1 big cotton pad? These are handy to use with Bioderma or other cleansing waters to take off make-up. I get these from the baby section of Superdrug.

7. Small Cotton Pads - essential for taking off eye make-up. Douse in your favourite eye make-up remover, press down, hold and wipe to remove all traces of eye make-up. Also handy to sweep toner over the face.

8. Cotton Buds - for the times when a cotton pad is too big. Useful with a bit of eye make-up remover to fix any smudges/mistakes, or dipped in nail polish remover to clean up the nails.

9. Sigma E30 Pencil Brush - my favourite brush for applying a highlight colour to the inner eye, or to use under the bottom lash line with a darker colour.

10. Real Techniques Setting Brush - I use this to blend in my concealer. The small tapered shape of this brush means it is perfect to use under the eye and around the nose.

Comments

Popular Posts