Review: Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask


Up until recently, I thought the only type of face mask that my skin needed was a clay mask. I have oily skin, so obviously I use a clay mask to help clear up excess oils and give my skin a deep clean. 

A few months ago I noticed that my skin wasn't looking its best. No matter how good my skincare regime was, I found that my skin was looking very uneven, especially on my cheeks and forehead. I tried out different primers to help smooth out my skin and help my makeup look more even, but that wasn't working.

I have heard the Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask being raved about in many YouTube videos and blog posts, but because it was never directly aimed at oily skin I didn't think I had any need for it. That was until I started searching for a product to help with my uneven skin texture, I then realised that this was the type of product I needed.

As the name suggests, this mask does smell sweet and cinnamon-y like a pumpkin pie. It contains pumpkin enzymes, alpha hydroxy acids and aluminium oxide crystals which exfoliate and polish the skin. I massage this mask onto my face and leave it for about 5 minutes to work its magic.

This mask starts to tingle as soon as it is applied so it instantly feels like it is doing something. It is a fast acting mask which is a good thing because I don't know if I could handle the tingling for much longer than 5 minutes. After removing the mask I noticed that my skin looked instantly brighter and felt so smooth, I couldn't believe how effective it had been after just one use. I have used it a few more times since and it has helped smooth out the texture of my skin, especially in the areas I was having problems. 

This is a very intense mask so I wouldn't recommend it to anyone with sensitive skin. But if you feel like exfoliation just isn't doing the trick anymore, I would definitely recommend this as it will leave you with smooth and polished skin.

The Peter Thomas Roth Pumpkin Enzyme Mask is £39.50 for 150ml. It might seem quite pricey for a face mask but believe me, this will last you ages. 

Comments

Popular Posts