Current Haircare Favourites


A few weeks ago I did a post about my Current Skincare Favourites and I thought it might be a good idea to do the same about my Current Haircare Favourites. I very rarely talk about hair products but I've been enjoying using all of these lately and thought I would share my opinion on them with you. 

One haircare brand that I've been hearing a lot about in recent months is Living Proof. This brand has received cult status and even Jennifer Aniston is a fan, (have you seen her hair? that's reason enough to try it out). So of course when I was in Sephora I had to pick up the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Shampoo. I was having one of those 'I'm on holiday so I can totally justify spending $25 on a bottle of shampoo' moments. But I have to say it was $25 well spent. I wash my hair everyday (I know, I know, but it's a bad habit I picked up and my hair gets greasy too quickly to change it) and even at that it still gets greasy mainly because I can't leave it alone. I recently put this shampoo to the test when I went to London. I washed my hair at 3am and at 10pm that night it still felt and looked clean. It thoroughly cleans hair, lathers well and leaves no residue so therefore doesn't weigh your hair down. 

I got a sample of the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Overnight Perfecter. This is a leave in treatment that left my hair feeling silky smooth the next day when I washed it out. I got about 3 uses out of this sample. The bad thing about samples though is that they make you want to buy the full size which is exactly what I want to do now. 

My hair is an ash toned blonde and something I use to keep the ashy tones in my hair is the Pixie Lott Paint in Starlight. This is a wash out hair colour that gives my hair a grey ash colour. This, along with purple shampoo, helps to prevent any brassiness in my hair. I use this every few weeks just to refresh my colour. If I just want to tone my hair I leave it in for 10 minutes, but if I actually want it to give my hair a grey colour I leave it in for up to 45 minutes. This is my second box of this stuff and I love it, it's so affordable and also comes in other pastel colours which I may have to experiment with. 

The Wet Brush came in the Cult Beauty Box by Anna & Lily, this is something that I had never considered purchasing in the past, but now that I have it I could never go back to using a normal brush. I have quite thin hair but after washing it, it can be quite tatty. This brush glides through my hair as if it has no tats or knots at all, I have no idea how it does it but it has my hair smooth in seconds. You don't have to brush it with force and it also doesn't pull out any of my hair. If you have quite thick tatty hair I would recommend checking this out. 

Having bleached hair means that it is quite high maintenance if I want to keep it in good condition. These products help with that and I couldn't live without them right now. What hair care products have you been loving lately? 

Comments

Popular Posts