A Full Face Of First Impressions


With all the makeup I've been buying recently, I thought instead of doing many monotonous reviews, I would combine a face full of products and note down my first impressions of them. I'm only getting around to trying most of them out now because I wanted to get older products used up first before I unleashed the huge stash of Sephora products upon my makeup collection. 

Starting with the Milk Makeup Blur Stick. As I apply this primer, I can actually see it mattify my skin and smooth out its texture. However, I have found that it works best to apply this with my fingers as applying it straight from the stick can drag the skin. 

Initially the smell put me off the It Cosmetics CC Cream, (the scent of it reminds me of cleaning products for some reason). When I first applied it I thought the shade I had was a bit too dark for me, but once I applied concealer and powder over it, it looked fine. Powder over this product is a must if you have oily skin because when worn on its own it gives the skin a dewy effect. I have used this a few times now and I was quite surprised at how well this lasted on my skin. I have to say I don't love it though, I think I'm just used to wearing a fuller coverage base. I do think it will be good for summer makeup as it isn't as heavy and cakey on the skin.

The Tarte Shape Tape Concealer is one of the most talked about concealers and one I couldn't​ wait to get my hands on. The first thing I noticed is that the applicator on this is huge! It definitely wasn't designed for prescise concealing. I use this mainly under the eyes as a brightening concealer and it works really well. It has quite a thick consistency but it isn't heavy or cakey. This is definite competition for the Urban Decay concealer, which is my current favourite.

I have, and love the Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder. I came across the Laura Mercier Secret Brightening Powder for Under Eyes in Sephora and thought it was something I needed in my life. This is a white powder with a shimmer to it that helps brighten the under eyes. I used this for baking and it is very bright, almost too bright, which I didn't think was possible. This creates such a stark contrast between my foundation and my undereyes. I personally prefer the Translucent Setting Powder as I find it looks much more natural on the skin. I have also found that the Under Eye powder leaves white dots on my skin which is quite annoying. 

I finished up my Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade and thought that instead of  splashing out on a new one I would try out a cheaper alternative. The NYX Tame and Frame sounded promising, I love every other product I've tried out from the brand so I thought I couldn't go wrong with this one...I was wrong. This is like trying to fill in your eyebrows with candle wax. It is so hard to use and when I do eventually get my brows filled in, it is impossible to get it off at the end of the day. This stuff is like tinted glue in your eyebrows, it does not budge. And instead of making my eyebrows look natural they look clumpy and like they are full of product. ABH I will never cheat on you again! 

The Stila Magnificent Metals Glitter & Glow Liquid Eyeshadows are the most pigmented glitter eyeshadows that I have ever used. They are extremely long lasting on the eyelids and I love the Rose Gold shade I have. The only problem I have found is that there can be a bit of glitter transfer with them. 

It's not often I like a mascara from first use, but the L'Oreal Miss Baby Roll Mascara impressed me the first time I used it. It gives the lashes a curl whilst adding volume. It doesn't smudge or flake throughout the day and has been my most reached for mascara lately. 

I already own one of the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks so I pretty much knew I was going to love the shade Bow N Arrow. I can honestly say I actually love this one more than the Lolita shade I already own. This browny nude shade has been my go to lip colour recently, I can't get enough of it. 

Last but not least is the Tarte Skin Twinkle Lighting Palette. I'll be honest I've been using this since the day I got it and have loved it from first use. This is a product that I have had on my wishlist for quite a while and it has become one of my favourite products in my makeup collection. I've become obsessed with highlighter recently and this palette creates the most beautiful glow. My most used shades are Daylight and Skylight but all 4 shades are incredibly pigmented and so easy to apply and blend. 

My first impressions of most of these products was positive, obviously there were a few exceptions, but you can't love everything you buy. 

Comments

  1. I never bake with the LM Secret Brightening powder for the same reason. I prefer to bake with either the LM Translucent powder or my RCMA then dust a tiny bit of the Secret Brightening on top to add some brightness - a little definitely goes a long way with it xx

    Rhi | www.rinkydinkyrhi.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts