Review: Airspun Loose Face Powder


Loose powders used to be something I would avoid like the plague. The potential messiness always put me off using them, but since using powder to set my undereye concealer became an essential step in my makeup routine, loose powders have been making their way into my makeup collection. The Laura Mercier Translucent Setting Powder really set the standard for loose powders, but it is pretty pricey and I have seemed to make my way to the bottom of the pot quite quickly.

The Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder has been around since 1935 and despite this, I only heard of it for the first time a few months ago. I picked this up in Walgreens when I was in America for around $10. It's also sold on Amazon and costs £12 for 65g of product. That's over double the amount of product you get in the Laura Mercier Powder for less than half the price. So it's off to a good start.

As I said, this powder has been around since 1935 and the smell really gives that away. This heavily scented powder smells like something you would have found in your grannies makeup collection. And it is a scent that does linger for quite a while.

This powder has the softest and smoothest texture. It is microspun until it reaches a cloudlike softness. Once applied it leaves my skin feeling extremely smooth. It doesn't settle into any fine lines and perfectly sets my concealer and foundation. It keeps any shine at bay and lasts all day on the skin.

I can hands down say that this is my new favourite setting powder. It is such good value for money and really does work. No wonder it has been around for over 80 years.

Comments

Popular Posts