Review: Fenty Beauty Foundation


I have featured the Fenty Beauty Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation on my Instagram quite a bit, but as of yet I haven't done a proper review on it. I know it's been out for ages now and everyone and their dog has shared their thoughts on it, but I thought I might as well add mine into the mix.

If you've read any of my previous blog posts you'll know that I love the Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation and the Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation. I've even went as far as calling them my favourite foundations ever. But now it's time for them to step aside because (spoiler alert) I've found a new favourite. 

When I first heard about Rihanna launching a makeup line, I have to say, I wasn't as excited as most people were. It wasn't until a few months after the launch that I read/watched any reviews. The main thing that sold this foundation to me was the fact that it is matte. I actually heard people complaining about it being too matte, but for me and my oily skin, there's no such thing as too matte. 

In Ireland we have access to 1 Harvey Nichols store which meant that it wasn't going to be easy to get my hands on this foundation. Every time I tried to buy it online, the shade I thought would suit me, was sold out. In hindsight, I'm glad I waited until I could take a trip to Dublin to buy it, because I actually ended up being 3 shades lighter than what I thought I was. 

I am the shade 120 which is the third lightest shade in the range, I knew I was pale, but I didn't think I was that pale. This shade is the closest a foundation has ever been to my skin tone, it honestly looks like it was made just for me. And with 40 shades to choose from, almost everyone is covered. 

So like I said this is a matte foundation, when you pump it out though it has a watery consistency and doesn't seem like it should be matte. There really isn't much time to mess around with this foundation, once I have it dotted onto my skin I have under 1 minute to get it blended out before it sets and becomes matte. Despite it having a matte finish my skin doesn't look dull or flat, it just keeps the shine at bay without making me look cakey. 

We've established that it leaves a soft matte look, the next question is "Is it longwear?". I have worn this foundation for up to 14 hours and can honestly say that it sits as perfect after hours of wear as it does just after application. It keeps the matte look throughout the day and there is no need for any additional powder. I don't know how it does it but this foundation does not budge. 

I would mainly recommend this foundation to anyone with oily or combination skin. It has become my new favourite and has tempted me to look into some other products in the Fenty Beauty range. It turns out Rihanna can do a lot more than just sing. 

Comments

  1. I have heard so many mixed reviews about the Fenty foundation, but your review was great (so detailed, keep up the great work)! :) Maybe I will try it out!
    Love,
    Jenna <3
    Follow me back? The Chic Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've definitely been loving it and would recommend you try it out! Thank you for your lovely comment! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts