Makeup Revolution Haul & Review


Makeup Revolution is a brand known for their incredibly affordable dupes of higher end makeup products. I recently posted about their dupe for Mac's Velvet Teddy Lipstick (read here) and since buying that, I have bought and tried a few other products from the brand. 

The one product I wanted to try from Makeup Revolution was the Conceal & Define Concealer. It took me ages to finally get my hands on this as it was sold out everytime I went to buy it. This concealer is said to be a dupe of the Tarte Shape Tape Concealer, which is one of my favourite concealers. The applicator of both concealers is exactly the same. Consistency wise, the Makeup Revolution concealer isn't just as thick as the Tarte one but it still has very high coverage. I got the shade C1 and it's pretty much an identical match for the lightest Tarte shade. At only £4 versus £22 for its high end counterpart, I would definitely recommend trying out the Makeup Revolution concealer, especially as Tarte isn't available here in the UK.

Makeup Revolution has recently released a collection of new eyeshadow palettes. The Reloaded Collection features 4 different palettes, each with 15 shades, priced at only £4. I had seen photos of these palettes on Instagram and was instantly drawn to the Newtrals 2 Palette which has pink and orange toned shades. For the price I wasn't expecting much payoff from the eyeshadows, I got a surprise when I swatched them. These are honestly the most pigmented drugstore eyeshadows I have ever tried, and that even includes the glitters. 

Despite only going into Superdrug for one eyeshadow palette, I somehow ended up leaving with 2. The Iconic Fever Palette is a warm toned orange-y brown palette which is said to be a dupe for the Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette. This palette has some beautiful copper shimmer shades which give a very good colour pay off. It was these shades that sold this palette to me. £8 for 30 new eyeshadows didn't exactly break the bank!

Makeup Revolution is the perfect brand if you don't want to fork out a days wages on a new makeup product. It is such an affordable brand with impressive dupes of high end products. 

Comments

Popular Posts