YSL Babydoll Mascara

My mascara addiction is really getting out of hand. Not content with what the drug store had to offer, I decided I wanted to try out a luxury high end mascara. When it comes to luxury, you don't get more luxurious that the beautiful gold packaging of the YSL Baby Doll Mascara. Unfortunately there is often a hefty price tag attached to the more luxurious products, this mascara came along with a £24.50 price tag.



I have tried an expensive mascara before and hated it, because of this I was quite reluctant to spend this amount of money on mascara again. This product had been on my wish list for quite a while and I knew I wouldn't be content until I tried it out. And I'm glad I did (even though my bank account wasn't too happy about it). 

My first thoughts after first trying this were 'Uh-oh I may have a new, very expensive, favourite mascara'. I absolutely love it. The plastic brush has a combination of longer and shorter bristles that work together to separate and coat every lash. It makes my lashes look thicker and longer and there is no clumping or smudging.



The formula is a lot drier than many other mascaras I've tried out. I personally love this because there's nothing I hate more than a really wet mascara. I always have to leave mine for a while a let them dry up. YSL mascaras are said to dry up quite quickly, but I think a drier mascara works a lot better on my lashes. 

The main question however is 'Is it worth £24.50?'...basically no, it's not. As much as I love this mascara, £24.50 is ridiculously expensive and you could probably find something similar in the drug store. If you are however looking to invest in a more expensive mascara, or you have a spare £24.50 lying around (pfft) I would recommend trying it out.

YSL Baby Doll is available in 4 different colours, black, brown, blue and purple from FeelUnique.

Comments

Popular Posts