Recent Additions To My Makeup Bag

On a recent trip to Boots I picked up a few new products. I initially went in to get some clear nail polish, but of course I forgot to get it and ended up buying all of these products which I really didn't need.


Bourjois Rouge Edition Velvet// These came out earlier in the year, but there wasn't a shade that stood out for me. There have been a couple of new additions to the line in the past few weeks and the shade I went for is 'Happy Nude Year', I love the name. I also love the colour, it's not your typical pale nude colour, it has quite a lot of pink in it which means that it doesn't wash me out. The texture is very velvety and creamy which makes it easy to apply, it then dries out and leaves a matte finish to the lips. Unlike some other matte finish lip products, this doesn't dry out your lips.

Collection Fast Stroke Eyeliner// Suzie from Hello October always has perfect eyeliner, anytime I watch her videos I have eyeliner envy. This is the eyeliner she always uses so I thought that I would give it a go, not that my eyeliner will ever look as perfect as hers. Plus my Rimmel eyeliner is running out so I thought it would be good to try out something different.

Barry M Showgirl Extra Volume Mascara// Every new mascara I have got recently has been a major disappointment, and this one is no different. I tried this one out today for the first time and it did absolutely nothing to my eyelashes, I had to apply 3 coats to make it look like I was actually wearing mascara and it definitely did not add any volume to my lashes. I'm hoping that, like with other mascaras I've used, this will get better the more I use it, here's hoping.

Burt's Bees Hydrating Lip Balm with Coconut & Pear// No I did not need anymore lip balm but of course I ended up buying some anyway. All of my current lip balms are in pots so I did want to get one that I could put in my handbag and use on the go. I love anything with a coconut scent so that is what made my choose this one, I did however fail to see that this was coconut and pear so it doesn't smell as good as I was hoping. It does help to keep my lips moisturised throughout the day though, my lips tend to get really dry at this time of the year so lip balm is a necessity.

Have you tried out any of these products recently, if so what are your thoughts? Also let me know if there are any other good new additions in the drugstore that I might have missed.

Comments

  1. Ohh I was thinking of getting Barry M's Showgirl Extra Volume Mascara~ ^ ^
    I think I will stay away from it to be safe though ehehe! ^ - ^

    www.thedailydollyblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts