High End Makeup Haul

I want to say this is a collective haul, but it's not...I was in a shopping mood and ended up spending way too much money on makeup. I just had one of those days where I wanted to buy everything and just couldn't restrain myself. Some of these are actually products that I've always wanted to buy, the others are things that I convinced myself I needed.


I have wanted the Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder since before I started blogging. I don't know why it's taken so long but I finally got round to buying it. Contouring products are the most talked about makeup products these days, but any I have tried out just haven't worked for me. I wanted to try this out in store before I bought it just to make sure the shade worked for my skin. It's not too muddy and only the tiniest bit is needed to define the cheek bones. At £35 it's not cheap but I can already tell I'm going to love it.

I went to the Estee Lauder counter to get matched up for a foundation and ended up coming away with 3 products. Estee Lauder Double Wear is the first high end foundation I've ever bought, I've heard so many good things about it so I can't wait to try it out. Why stop at a foundation though, I thought I'd go all out and get the Double Wear Powder and Concealer too. I really didn't need them but I'm hoping these products will give me the perfect base.

You can't go on a makeup spending spree without paying a visit to the Mac counter. I mainly went just to try on Mehr lipstick, I wasn't expecting it to suit me but I ended up really liking it. I also got Velvet Teddy lipstick, another one which I didn't think I could pull off. I think I was just excited that I found 2 lipsticks that actually suited me, that's the only explanation I have for buying 2 lipsticks that I didn't need. While I was there I decided to get another eyeshadow for my quad palette as I still had 2 spaces to fill. I went for All That Glitters which is such a beautiful shimmer.

And now I have no money...yay. I have't done a splurge like this in quite a while, but at least I have pretty new makeup items to play around with. No doubt you'll be seeing most of these products in upcoming blog posts. 

Comments

Popular Posts