Tarte: Tried and Tested

I bought quite a lot of products from the brand Tarte back when I was in New York. A few have featured in the odd blog post but I thought I'd do a brand review now that I've been using these products for a few months. 


Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush// These blushers are the main reason why the Tarte counter was my first stop as soon as I got through the doors of Sephora. I honestly thought I'd end up buying about 10 of these, but I managed to only walk away with 2. 'Captivating' which is a coral shade has become my favourite blush ever. This shade is perfect for me, it blends so easily and definitely lasts the 12 hours, if not more. The other shade 'Flush' doesn't suit me just as much, it's slightly too pink for me. I definitely think these blushers are worth checking out though, I will be trying out a few more shades if and when I ever go back to America.

Lights Camera Splashes Mascara// I always have a love hate relationship with a lot of my mascaras, I hate them when I start using them but after a while I start to love them, this one was very much like that. I find that this is more of a lengthening mascara so I tend to use it more during the day. This mascara is also waterproof so you need a very good eye makeup remover to get it off.

BB Tinted Treatment Primer// This BB cream works as a primer, moisturiser, light foundation, anti-aging treatment and sunscreen. I use this under my foundation, it doesn't give me enough coverage to wear it on it's own but it does create a good canvas for my foundation. 

Clean Slate Poreless Primer// This primer smooths over pores and gives my skin a matte finish. I use this mainly on my t-zone to help dull down any shine and give my skin a poreless look. I much prefer this primer over the Benefit Porefessional as it doesn't feel as greasy on the skin.

Double Detox Amazonian Clay Exfoliating Facial Mask// I didn't actually realise that Tarte also did skincare. I love a good clay mask which is why I had to pick this one up. This mask has exfoliating beads in it so when you are applying it to the skin you gently massage it in circular motions to re-energise, exfoliate and detoxify skin. The mask dries within 5-10 minutes and is a lot easier removed than other clay masks I've used. This leaves my skin feeling extremely soft and clean and leaves my skin oil free. It also helps to clear up blemishes, I always notice a difference in my skin after I use this mask. 

These products have been a very impressive introduction to the brand Tarte. I will definitely be trying out another few products the next time I visit a Sephora store. Have you tried out any products from this brand?

Comments

Popular Posts