NYX Haul

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream

NYX counters have been popping up in Boots stores all over the UK and everyone has been raving about this brand. US bloggers have been talking about this brand for years but as always the UK is late to the party and we've only been able to get our hands on NYX products for the past few months. Of course when I saw a counter in my local Boots I couldn't help myself and had to make a purchase.

I managed to walk away with 4 lip products. The Soft Matte Lip Creams are probably one of the most talked about NYX products. As expected there was a very limited amount of shades left, but the two I liked were Stockholm, a pale peachy nude, and Transylvania, a deep purple. Going along with the matte lip trend, I also got one of the Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks in the shade Soft-Spoken. This is very comparable to the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Lolita. And finally for lips I got the Retractable Lip Liner in Natural. I don't quite know why I picked this up as it doesn't go with any of the lip colours I got, but it was the only nude lip liner they had left. 

I haven't really got into the whole colour correcting trend yet, so I thought I'd get a few products and maybe give it a go to see what all the fuss it about. The Colour Correcting Concealer contains 4 colour correcting shades and 2 concealer shades. Each shade is really creamy and easy to blend. I also got the HD Concealer in Yellow which I thought would be good to use under the eyes. 

The last thing I picked up was the HD Finishing Powder in Translucent. This is a very finely milled powder that I'm hoping is good for oily skin and keeps me matte all day. 

These products are very affordable, and having tried most of them out, they are very high quality for a drugstore brand. Obviously there are a lot more products I could have tried out, but I just wanted to slowly introduce myself to the brand instead of going mad and buying everything. If you have tried out anything from NYX please let me know your recommendations as I will most likely be purchasing from this brand again in the future. 

Comments

  1. You'll have to do an update post on your reviews of the products! I'm curious to see how you like the powder. I've had my eye on it for a while but I have so many powders so I keep avoiding it! Lol


    JennyLovesBeauty♥






    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts