My Favourite Autumnal Lipsticks


Autumn is my favourite time of the year, it's cold but it's not freezing yet and I get to wear boots everyday. Another thing I love about autumn is the makeup trends. The colour palette of oranges, reds and burgundy shades are my favourite. For me, autumn is a season when you can really experiment with different lip shades. I normally stick to neutral shades, but in autumn and winter I like to wear darker shades and berry tones.

The three lipsticks that I've been using the most so far, and will probably reach for all autumn and winter are all from Mac. They are Whirl, Sin and Stone. 

Mac's Whirl is probably my favourite lipstick ever, I have been wearing this one so much lately. Whirl is a matte finish lipstick and is described as a dirty rose. For me it's a brown toned nude with a hint of pink. I also have the matching lip liner and they are the perfect combo.

Sin is a deep dark burgundy shade that I never thought I'd see myself wearing. These shades of lipstick usually scare me off, but after trying out a few cheaper drugstore alternatives I thought it was finally time to buy Sin. This one again is a matte finish, I much prefer darker shades in a matte finish.

My final favourite is Stone, which again is a very different shade for me. This one is a very cool toned taupe brown shade. This is a very unique lipstick colour and has a slightly grey undertone which means it isn't the easiest to pull off. This one is also a matte finish.

My favourite autumnal lipsticks from Mac are all very different but the one thing they have is common is that they are all matte. I much prefer a matte finish, although this time of the year lip balm is a necessity before application and after you take your lipstick off as they can be slightly drying. 

What are you favourite lipsticks for this time of the year? 

Comments

Popular Posts