My Favourite Under Eye Concealers


One of the most important parts of your base makeup is concealer. It can help highlight and brighten certain areas of your face but can also be used to hide dark circles and blemishes. I use concealer mostly to brighten up and conceal dark under eye circles. I currently have 4 which I highly rate, 2 drugstore options and 2 on the more pricey side.

The Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer is probably the most talked about drugstore concealer. I use the shade Fair 1 which covers my dark circles and brightens up my under eyes. This concealer has such good coverage and blends out so easily. I use this as my every day concealer and at £4.19 it is such good value. 

On days when I am suffering from sleep deprivation the good old colour correcting concealers come in handy. The NYX Concealer Wand in the yellow shade is particularly good at covering up any dark circles. This really brightens up under my eyes and makes me look like I've got 8 hours sleep, when in fact I've only got about 4.

Now onto the more expensive concealers, and at £22.50 the Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer is probably as expensive as I would go. I am onto my second tube of this though, so clearly the price tag hasn't put me off too much. As the name suggests this concealer has a very thick and creamy consistency, so it is very full coverage, although it isn't at all cakey. Having a thick consistency does mean that it does take some work to blend it out but a little does go a very long way. As this is a radiant concealer it does give a very luminous finish and really brightens up my under eyes. 

As much as I love the Nars concealer, I think I have a new favourite concealer which is the Urban Decay Naked Concealer. This has a much thinner and smoother consistency but is still as full coverage as the Nars concealer. It is very light weight and blends out so easily. I also love the doe-foot applicator of this one, it's flexible and makes it so easy to just swipe under the eye. Plus at £17.50 it is a good bit cheaper than the Nars offering. 

Have you tried out any of these concealers, or do you have any good alternatives?

Comments

  1. I love the NYX concealer it's so high coverage and also the naked concealer. I personally didn't get along with the Collection concealer I found it was very drying on me!

    Coleoftheball xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts