Origins Haul and Review


Being the skincare addict that I am, I'm always looking for an excuse to add new skincare items to my collection. When I saw the email from Origins about the 'Winter Skincare Essentials Set' I knew I had found my excuse. I love Origins skincare and have used quite a few of their products in the past, this set gave me the opportunity to try out some of my favourites as well as some new products to me, all full size and all for £37.

The main product that sold this set to me was the GinZing Eye Cream which is one of my all time favourite Origins products. I love the GinZing range as it is so refreshing and really wakens up the skin. This eye cream brightens and depuffs the undereye area and makes me instantly look more awake.

Another product that I love is the Checks and Balances Frothy Face Wash. This is the perfect face wash if you have combination skin because it removes excess oil without leaving the skin feeling dried out and tight, but also helps to clear up any dry patches without over moisturising them. I also loves that it smells like spearmint.

Originally this set was meant to come with the United State Balancing Tonic which I was actually looking forward to trying out, because I was in need of a new toner. It however sold out and they replaced it with the Well Off Eye Makeup Remover. I was slightly disappointed at this but gave it a go anyway. I've never bought an expensive eye makeup remover as I think the drugstore ones do a good enough job, and in this case I would pick my £2.99 Nivea Eye Makeup Remover any day over this one which is £16.50. This just did not remove my eye makeup, yes it took off most of my eyeliner but my mascara barely moved and I wasn't even wearing a waterproof one. This product lets the set down and I think they could've replaced the toner with something more exciting than an eye makeup remover.

The Make A Difference Plus Moisturiser isn't exactly something I thought I'd ever want to try. Having oily skin means that I normally steer clear of anything that mentions moisture or hydration, but recently, I have noticed a few dry patches on my face. I do still have an oily t-zone but my cheeks can be quite dry which is obviously caused by the colder weather. I have been using this just on the parts of my skin that need some extra moisture and it has definitely hydrated my skin without making it look or feel oily.

There was also a Facial Cleansing Brush with this set but I gave it to my sister as I didn't need it because I have my Clarisonic.

As this was a set of all full sized products it was valued at £92 but the special offer meant I got it for £37 which is an incredible discount. Overall I really like this set, obviously with the exception of the eye makeup remover, but it gave me an opportunity to try out some different products from the brand as well as getting to retry some old favourites.

Did you manage to get your hands on this Winter Skincare Essentials Set? And what are your favourite Origins products?


Comments

Popular Posts