Review: Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder

Laura Mercier Translucent Powder

The Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder is one of those products that I've always wanted to try, but as with all higher end products the hefty price tag put me off. Baking my undereye concealer is one of the most important steps in my base routine, and whilst cheaper setting powders were doing the job ok, I always heard people rave about how good the Laura Mercier power was for baking. So of course I took the plunge and spent £29 on a setting powder. I got the very popular Translucent shade.

The first thing I noticed was you do get a good amount of product, 29g to be exact but as always with a loose powder, you can expect some of that to end up on the floor. The powder is so finely milled it leaves my skin feeling velvety smooth.

I apply this with the flat edge of a damp Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge. Having the sponge damp means it is much easier to pick up the product. I then press the powder under my eyes and on any other areas of the face where my concealer tends to crease or wear off. I leave it for a few minutes and wipe off the excess with a powder brush. This powder leave my undereyes looking brighter and completely stops my concealer from creasing.

This is a very expensive powder but I do love it, it leaves such a smooth and flawless finish that you don't get from cheaper setting powders. Because of the price tag I do use this very sparingly, I don't want to have to spend almost £30 on a new powder every few months.

Have you tried the Laura Mercier Loose Setting Powder? Do you think it's worth the money?

Comments

Popular Posts