Do I Need It: The Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette

Huda Beauty

If you're like me, you probably own more makeup than you need and dread seeing brands launch new products, because you know it's inevitable you'll end up buying something. I personally hate seeing new eyeshadow palettes being released because I know I'm going to end up obsessing over them and eventually give in *I'm looking at you Anastasia Beverley Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. I own about 6 eyeshadow palettes, which may not seem a lot compared to other people, but I feel like it's too many, which is why I hate seeing new ones being released. I cannot justify adding any more to my collection.

The Huda Beauty Rose Gold Palette was released last year and it wasn't a palette that I was initially drawn to. Whilst in Las Vegas my sister actually ended up buying this palette and it wasn't until I borrowed hers that I realised just how beautiful it really is. It's so beautiful that I'm considering buying one of my own. However, I know if I buy this palette, I will end up neglecting the other eyeshadow palettes I own. So it all boils down to the question "Do I Really Need It?"

As this is a Rose Gold palette there is obviously a pink theme that runs throughout it. What sets this palette apart though are the foiled metallic shades like 'Rose Gold' and 'Trust Fund'. These are unlike any other shades I have come across in an eyeshadow palette. They work best when they are applied with the finger and are incredibly pigmented. There are also a good variety of matte shades which blend out beautifully.

Whilst this is a versatile palette that you can create matte and glitter looks from, I feel like I wouldn't get the use out of it. As beautiful as the glitter shades are, they wouldn't be something I would reach for that often. And similar matte shades are available in the Modern Renaissance Palette which I already own.

So the answer to the question "Do I Need It" is "No". Whilst I might want it, I don't think I need it. I feel like it is a palette that I wouldn't get the use out of and I'm happy enough just to borrow my sister's on the odd occasion I might want a dramatic glitter eye look.

Comments

Popular Posts