A Mac Velvet Teddy Dupe?


Is there anything better than a good drugstore dupe of a high end product you love? When I heard there was a Makeup Revolution dupe for one of my favourite lipsticks, Mac's Velvet Teddy, I knew I had to try it out for myself. Velvet Teddy is one of my go to lipsticks, it's the perfect nude, not too brown and not too pink.

First of all let's appreciate the packaging of the Makeup Revolution Rose Gold Lipstick Collection. This really does not look like a £3 lipstick, it looks much more high end.

Looking at Velvet Teddy and it's Makeup Revolution dupe Chauffeur side by side, there doesn't look to be much of a difference. However, when swatched, Chauffeur has a much creamier consistency and is slightly more pink than the Mac lipstick. It's not a million miles away from the colour of Velvet Teddy and is one of the better Mac dupes that I have come across.  I have heard some people say that it is also quite similar to Mac's Blankety but I don't own it so I can't say whether it is or not.

As this is a cream lipstick it doesn't just have the staying power that the matte Mac lipsticks have, but again, this is a £3 lipstick so I wasn't expecting it to be overly long lasting. It is very impressive for a drugstore lipstick and would encourage me to try out more of the Makeup Revolution lipsticks.

Comments

Popular Posts