Real Techniques 301 Flat Contour Brush

When the first photos of these brushes were released I instantly fell in love. And, having tried some of the original Real Techniques brushes, I knew that not only did these look amazing but they would also be incredible makeup brushes. I wanted to get a brush that was completely different to anything I have, I didn't see the point in getting another eyeshadow or powder brush just fro the sake of it. So in the end I went for the 301 Flat Contour Brush, I don't have anything this shape, plus it's rose gold, bonus.


Just looking at these brushes, you know they are luxurious and very good quality. This luxury is reflected in the price as they are priced between £10 and £25, the 301 brush was £22. But in my opinion it was £22 well spent.

I've attempted contouring many times, but never managed to get it just right, this brush however makes it fool proof. The super soft, densely packed synthetic bristles pick up the right amount of product. The flat tapered shape means that the brush fits perfectly under the cheek bone (especially when you pull the duck face pout!) to create a natural shadow. Once blended out your face has the slightly sculpted look, or you could go for the Kim K look and contour till your hearts content. I prefer to keep mine as natural as possible.

This also works well with cream products i.e. a contour stick. I use the Smashbox Contour Stick to draw a line under the cheek bone and use this brush to blend the line out. 

I am in love with this brush, it's definitely one worth investing in. If you are a fan of the Real Techniques Core Collection I would definitely recommend checking out the Bold Metals range. 

Comments

  1. OMG I just found your blog and I'm obsessed with it!! Nice post.

    -Maria
    in1997.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts