Review: Charles Worthington Instant Root Concealer

Being blonde is difficult, even Kim K couldn't hack it! During her temporary blonde phase she must have got her hair dyed 3 times, but unlike her my hair just wouldn't cope with that much bleaching. The worst part about being blonde is the roots, I am naturally dark blonde but even those roots are noticeable especially when the rest of your hair is bright blonde. 

I came across the Charles Worthington Instant Root Concealer in Boots which comes in 5 shades ranging from light blonde to dark brown. I went for the lightest shade, light blonde, hoping it could help cover up those tell tale roots.


The aim of this spray is to create immediate root coverage that will delay the need to frequently colour your hair. It is very easy used, you simply spray it directly onto your roots when your hair is dry until you reach the desired coverage. 

So did it work? Whilst it did cover up my roots, it didn't give the "creamy natural blonde shade" it promised. It did help to cover up my roots and leave them looking less harsh against my dyed hair. However it's important that you start off with a little and build it up because I did apply too much at first and was left with brassy roots that looked far worse than before I applied the product. As well as making my roots look brassy it also left my hair feeling greasy and as if it needed washed again, so I would definitely recommend apply a little and letting it dry before you spray more.

This shade wasn't as light as I had hoped, I'm not saying the other colours won't work for other people but this shade definitely was not designed for those with peroxide blonde hair. The Charles Worthington Instant Root Concealer is available from Boots priced at £9.99.

Comments

Popular Posts