My Top 5 Nude Lipsticks

Everyone wants the perfect nude lip shade, nude lipsticks are probably the most sought after these days and I think that's mainly down to a certain Miss Jenner continuously rocking a nude lip. Being pale and blonde I didn't think nude lipstick was something I could pull off, I thought it would just leave me looking ghostly. But I've managed to find a few shades that actually suit me and work with my pale complexion. Most of these shades aren't your typical nude, I find shades that are more on the pink side of nude work the best for me.

Top L-R: Nevada, Creme Cup, Velvet Teddy
Bottom L-R: Happy Nude Year, Mehr

Topshop Nevada// This is the palest nude shade I own, it has a peachy undertone so it looks like a warm nude on the lips, as opposed to looking like you've just put concealer on your lips. I do love the shade but it does take quite a bit of work to make it look right on the lips, I find it best to apply it lightly from the bullet and then work it in with your fingers. The finish is quite creamy which also means it isn't the longest lasting lipstick.

Mac Creme Cup// So this one isn't exactly a nude, it's more of a pale baby pink, but when compared to other pinks I own it is quite neutral. This was my first Mac lipstick and the one that pretty much started my Mac lipstick obsession. I find that whenever I wear this lipstick it just makes all of my makeup look so much better, I don't even know how that's possible. I love wearing this with a brown smokey eye and plenty of bronzer.

Mac Velvet Teddy// If you haven't heard of Velvet Teddy you must have been living under a rock for the past few months. This is rumoured to be the shade that Kylie Jenner wears on a daily basis. I tried it out just to see what the fuss is about and I have to say I fell in love with this shade. It is always sold out so when I found out my nearest Mac counter had some in stock I thought it would be stupid not to buy it. It doesn't look that special in the bullet and when swatched, it looks very brown-toned. I absolutely love it on the lips though, there's just the right amount of brown in it, any darker and it would probably make me look 30 years older. The matte finish also means that it is very long wearing.

Bourjois Happy Nude Year// Despite having the word nude in its name, this shade really doesn't look nude when swatched. When applied to the lips though it's a very warm pinky nude. One thing I love about this lipstick is the feel of it on the lips, it's so velvety and smooth. It looks matte but doesn't feel as drying as most matte lipsticks. 

Mac Mehr// This shade has become my favourite lipstick, I've worn it pretty much everyday since I bought it. Mehr is a deep plumy nude that looks absolutely beautiful on. It's a very classic shade that looks perfect with a simple eye. And again the matte finish makes it very long lasting on the lips but doesn't feel drying at all. 


When swatched they all look so different but surprisingly they all work with my skin tone. What are your must have nude lipsticks?

Comments

Popular Posts