New York

Back at the end of January I returned to one of my favourite places in the world, New York. I went around the same time last year and fell in love with the city. This time around I could navigate my way around a bit better and managed to fit a lot more in.

We were due to fly out the same day the blizzard hit the East Coast, which meant that our holiday was delayed. Thankfully we got everything sorted and headed out the next day. I'm actually quite glad there was snow because there is nothing more beautiful than seeing New York in the snow. Plus they can cope with it over there which meant that most of the pavements were cleared before we arrived. 






Taking a boat trip around the Statue of Liberty was one of my highlights of the trip. I didn't get a chance to do this last time so it was at the top of my list this time around. Not only do you go right past the Statue itself, you also get some amazing views of the cities skyline and the Brooklyn Bridge.










You can't go to New York without going to see at least one Broadway show. We chose to go and see Finding Neverland, mainly because Gary Barlow (my absolute fave!) wrote the music for it. I can honestly say that it was incredible. Everything from the cast, storyline and of course the music was amazing. This along with Wicked is one of the best musicals I've ever seen.




One of the main reasons why New York is so beautiful in the snow, is because of Central Park. When walking around this park in the snow, it really does not feel like you are in the middle of one of the busiest cities in the world, it's just so calm and peaceful.







Several trips to Sephora also happened. I'm actually glad we don't have Sephora in the UK because I would never be out of it and would permanently be in debt. 




If you're thinking of visiting the big apple I would definitely recommend it. Yes it might be a bit of a cliché saying New York is my favourite city in the world, but it is.

Comments

Popular Posts