U.S. Drugstore Haul


Not only does America have makeup heaven aka Sephora, it also has some really good drugstores. Places like CVS and Duane Reade are definitely worth checking out if you're as makeup obsessed as I am. You're never far from one of these stores in New York, plus they also have snacks and candy which you have to try out when you're in the States. 

Buying 3 mascaras at once may have been a bit much. The Covergirl Clump Crusher was a repurchase, I got it the last time I was in New York and loved it. Because I loved that one so much I wanted to try out another one from the same brand, so I went for the Super Sizer. I also got the Maybelline The Falsies Push Up Drama because it had just been launched around the time I was in New York. I have since tried this out and really don't like it.

Another Maybelline product I picked up was the Fit Me Matte & Poreless Foundation. I don't know if this foundation is sold in the UK, I've seen the Fit Me Foundation but not this version of it. I'm yet to try this out but I have high hopes for it. 

Being obsessed with blusher, I've always wanted to try out one of the Milani Baked Blushers.  I went for the shade Luminoso which I've heard a lot of people talk about. This is a coral shade with gold glitter running through it. I think it will be perfect for Spring and Summer makeup looks. 

I didn't realise the brand MUA was sold in America. I came across the Brush Cleaning Balm which is a drugstore version of the Beauty Blender solid. I used this alongside the Beauty Blender one just to compare them and see if the MUA version could compare. Unfortunately it doesn't, the cleansing balm doesn't lather up at all which makes it difficult to get my makeup brushes completely clean. However the scrubbing pad that comes along with it is really good, I use this along with the Beauty Blender solid to give my brushes a deep clean. 

I didn't actually go too mad in the drugstore, I managed to restrain myself, mainly because I wanted to keep most of my money for Sephora. Let me know if you have tried out any of US drugstore brands or if you have any recommendations.

Comments

  1. Great haul! Do you not live in the US? I still want to try the Maybelline foundation! I keep seeing it in everyone's posts!


    JennyLovesBeauty♥




    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No unfortunately I don't live in the US. I really like the foundation so far, I would definitely recommend trying it out!

      Rebecca xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts