Current Skincare Favourites


My skincare stash has been growing significantly over the past few years. I love trying out new products and discovering new brands. I just can't resist products that promise clearer, brighter skin and to claim to get rid of all blemishes and blackheads. We all want to have the perfect skin that many products promise, unfortunately not all of them live up to their claims. However, I have come across a few items that really have made a difference.

I recently posted about the Cult Beauty Box by Lily and Anna, in which I got the Pixi Hydrating Milky Mist. This was something that I thought I would never need, having oily skin I thought the last thing I needed was an extra layer of moisture. However, this has found its way into my daily skincare routine. I use this in the morning just before my moisturiser to refresh my skin and help waken me up. I especially love using it after applying a face mask, because my skin can feel quite tight, especially if it is a clay mask. It isn't greasy or oily on the skin and all you need is 2 or 3 spritzes and you're good to go. 

The Origins Clear Improvement Mask is an old favourite of mine. I haven't used this in a few years, but I recently got a miniature version of it in a face mask set from Sephora. This is one of the best clay masks for really clearing your skin out. This helps to draw out all the excess oil and impurities. I love how clear this leaves my skin. Despite my love for this mask, I've never actually owned the full size, just miniatures and samples. I think it might finally be time I invest in the full size. 

Everyone always raves about the Glamglow masks, but I tried one out and really didn't get on with it. Despite not liking it I thought I'd try out one of the newer products from the brand, the Glamglow Youth Cleanse. This is a very gentle exfoliating cleanser that changes from a mud to a foam once you add water. This leaves my skin feeling extremely soft and clean. I typically use this when I feel my skin needs a mask but I'm too lazy to do one. 

My last favourite is the Clarisonic Mia. I had wanted to get one of these for so long but kept putting it off because of the price. When I was in New York I managed to find one for only $99 which was such good value considering they retail for £99 over here. Using this cleansing brush has completely transformed my skin. This is so effective at getting rid of blackheads and has helped clear up small spots I had on my forehead and chin. This brush gives your skin a deep clean and is much more effective than any other cleansing method I've tried out. If you have ever considered getting a Clarisonic I would definitely recommend it. It is an investment, but one I'm definitely glad I made. 

Thanks to these four products, as well as a few others, my skin is probably the best it has ever been. A good skincare routine with products that really do work is essential if you want clear and healthy looking skin. As always, if you have any skincare recommendations please let me know, because I am always on the lookout for new products to try.  

Comments

Popular Posts