Review: The Beauty Blender


For so long I refused to buy the Beauty Blender. I thought it was just a glorified makeup sponge that was rather overpriced for what it was. I did try out the Micro Mini Beauty Blenders and liked them for blending in my concealer, but I didn't like the thought of applying a full face of foundation with a sponge. I have used the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge but didn't like the way it applied my foundation. In my mind a sponge was a sponge and I couldn't imagine that the Beauty Blender was much better. 

This is one of those products that everyone raves about, and because of the hype surrounding it I knew I would have to try it out just to see why everyone loved it so much. I started using this about 6 months ago and I haven't used a brush to apply my foundation since then. I regret not trying this out sooner. This sponge leaves my foundation looking so even and flawless. I use this with all my foundations from high end to drugstore and it gives me a flawless finish every time. 

The trick is to 'bounce' the foundation onto the skin. I apply a spot of foundation to my forehead, nose, chin and cheeks with my finger and use the Beauty Blender to blend it out. This is so much quicker than using a brush and doesn't leave any streak marks in my foundation. 

I was so sceptical about this product but now that I've used it, I couldn't do my makeup without it. 

Comments

Popular Posts