Minis Review: Would I Buy the Full Size?


Buying makeup and skincare products can be a huge investment. I always like to do some research into a product and read up on it before buying. Of course there are those things that I buy purely on a whim, but for the most part I like to find a bit out about the product, especially if it's on the more expensive side. However, not everyone will like the same products and if you don't like something, no amount of positive reviews will make you change your mind.

Minis and sample sizes are the best way to try a product out without having to invest in the full size, it's a bonus when you manage to get your hands on some of these deluxe samples for free. I have quite a few minis and have been trying them out to see if I would want to buy a full size of the product. I have discovered some of my favourite products through trying them as samples like the Jo Malone Blackberry and Bay perfume and Sunday Riley Luna.

Sephora is one of the best places to get minis because they have travel sizes of so many products and also have try me kits which include so many different brands. I got a clay mask set which included 6 different mini clay masks from brands including GlamGlow and Origins.

So what minis am I currently trying out?

The Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer is something that I would never buy on a whim, the full size is around $50. I found the mini version of this in the dreaded minis section on the way to the tills in Sephora. This size was around $20 so it still wasn't cheap, but saved me from having to spalsh out on the full size. I have almost used this up and have to say I'm not a massive fan of it. I don't like how my makeup applies over this, I've used cheaper primers that have given me a smoother and matter makeup base.

The GlamGlow Youth Mud Mask has received cult status. Everyone seems to love this mask and I can see why. This really clears out your skin although I find it almost to a point where it's too stripping of the skin. I do like using it but I find that it leaves my skin feeling tight and after using this I have to really moisturise my skin. Whilst I do like it I'm not sure if it's something I would want to use all the time, and I have used other masks that are just as effective but less harsh on the skin.

The Benefit They're Real Mascara is actually a product that I have tried out before but didn't actually like. I got this mini version in a Benefit kit I got with my Beauty Insider points from Sephora. This has been sitting untouched for almost a year because I knew I didn't get on with it last time and therefore didn't really want to use it. I had a bit of a makeup clear out at the start of the year and decided to try this out because I hate throwing out unused products. I was so surprised at how long this made my eyelashes and actually have to say that I really like this mascara this time around. I had completely ruled this mascara out but my opinion of it has completely changed. I don't know if I'd go out and buy the full size one right away but I would definitely consider it next time I'm looking for a new mascara.

Another Benefit product that I got in the kit was the They're Real Remover. This is a waterproof eye makeup remover that is designed to gently remove your eye makeup. In my opinion this is no better at taking my eye makeup off than a drugstore eye makeup remover and it's a very messy way to get your mascara off. Because of that I wouldn't buy the full size.

I got a mini of the Living Proof Perfect Hair Day Night Cap Overnight Perfector when I bought a bottle of their shampoo. As the name suggests you put this in your hair before going to bed and wash it out the next morning. This leaves my hair feeling like silk and it's so manageable and easy to brush the next day. I only got about 3 uses out of this sample but I definitely think I'll be investing in the full size.

From these minis I have got a good idea of what I think of these products and know which ones I would want to buy in the future.

Comments

Popular Posts