The Makeup Timer Test Tag: Evening Edition

So last month I did the Makeup Timer Test Tag: Day Edition, this time around I'm doing an evening makeup edition to see how long it takes me to my makeup when I'm going out. Last time around I discovered it took me 8 minutes and 17 seconds to do my daily makeup routine. For my evening makeup it took me 12 minutes and 56 seconds, I was quite surprised at this, I thought I would be closer to the 20 minute mark.

In those 12 minutes and 56 seconds here's what I used:


Foundation// In the evening I go for a heavier coverage foundation, this time I used the L'Oreal True Match foundation which is a new addition to my makeup collection.

Concealer// I used to Soap & Glory Kick Ass Concealer which has one colour to cover up dark circles, one for blemishes and a setting powder.

Eyebrows// During the day I keep my eyebrows quite natural and don't do much to them. For a heavier evening makeup look however I like to use the MUA Pro Brow Kit to give them a bit of shape and make them look a bit thicker.

Eyes// For my eyes I decided I would use the Naked 3 Palette, I went for Limit all over the lids, Liar in the crease and Factory in the outer corner. I lined my upper lash line with the Black Rimmel Scadaleyes Waterproof Kohl, I also use this to line my water line. After curling my lashes I used the YSL Babydoll Mascara.

Blush/Bronzer// I used the L'Oreal Glam Bronze to contour, I also used this on my temples. After I blended this, I used the Bourjois Blush in 54 Rose Frisson on the apples of my cheeks.

Highlight// I only ever use highlighter in an evening makeup look, I used Mac's Soft & Gentle to create a highlight on the tops of my cheek bones and on my brow bone.

Lips// I kept the lips quite simple as I had a smokey/shimmery eye. For this I used Mac's Creme Cup.

If I was putting on fake eyelashes I definitely think my time would have doubled, I'm pretty hopeless at putting them on which is why I stay away from them. How long does it take you to do your makeup in the evening and what are your favourite products to use?

Comments

  1. What a great post, ive seen a few of these tags but i like the evening one, I might have to give this a try! xx

    animpatientscottishgirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts