Brush Cleaning Routine

Brush cleaning is one of those things that everyone hates doing, but it has to be done, although it's something that I don't do as regularly as I should. I am definitely guilty of going a few weeks without giving my makeup brushes a good thorough clean. I've recently started to use a new product to wash my brushes which will hopefully encourage me to wash them more often.



This was very much an inspired purchase, I had seen Essie Button mention this soap in one of her favourites videos, and you know when she loves something, it mush be good. The Dr. Bronner's Magic Soap in Peppermint has 18 different uses, including face and body wash, household cleaner and fruit and vegetable wash (??). I just stick to using this to wash my make-up brushes.

I only need a small drop of this to wash all of my brushes. I either put a bit on my hand or on a bit of kitchen roll and swirl my brushes in it. I then rinse it out using lukewarm water. This soap lathers up really well and gives your brushes a good deep clean. 

Once my brushes are dry they feel extremely soft and pretty much look like new, I couldn't believe how clean this left my Mac 217 brush. It also gives my brushes a slight peppermint scent, which I love. If you're not a fan of the smell of peppermint you can also get this in citrus, lavender, almond and rose scents.

I used to use baby shampoo to wash my make-up brushes but I find that this soap leaves them a lot cleaner and softer. I would really recommend trying this soap out. The Dr. Bronner soaps are available from Feel Unique and cost between £5.49 and £12.49.

Comments

  1. I recently got a sample of this soap and I am so excited to use it this weekend to wash my brushes,as I also used baby shampoo before. The task can definitely be tedious at times but since doing my makeup course I have gotten into the habit of cleaning my brushes once a week :D x

    Beauty with charm | TOOFACED GIVEAWAY

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds amazing! I wonder if it retails in Australia. I'm just using some soft hand soap or baby shampoo at the moment! x

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts