Eyeliners: The Best and The Worst

Eyeliner is a staple makeup item for me, I have more eyeliner in my makeup collection than any other product. I seem to just buy eyeliner whether I need it or not. Some of the eyeliners I have I absolutely love and some are actually repurchases. Others, I don't love so much. I've gone through them all recently and tested them out to see which are the best and which are the worst.


So first up it's the best eyeliners that I currently have in my makeup collection. These are the ones I regularly reach for and couldn't be without. 

Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner// This is my favourite eyeliner ever. I've raved about it so much on my blog so I'm sure that it's no surprise that it is featured in this post. I've been using this eyeliner for so long now, when I first bought it I knew nothing about it, I didn't even know how to apply eyeliner properly back then. This does not budge at all, it lasts all day and doesn't smudge or fade. It's also extremely pigmented and is the blackest black eyeliner I've ever tried. This will forever be in my collection.

Soap & Glory Supercat Eyeliner// This is another favourite, unlike the Rimmel eyeliner this is a felt tip liner rather than a liquid liner. It's not quite as black as a liquid liner but it still has the staying power. This is the eyeliner to go for if you're not that confident in applying it as this one is so easy to apply.

Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Eyeliner// I have the black and the nude colours in this eyeliner. This is one of the best kohl eyeliners I've tried, it's quite similar to the Urban Decay ones but for a fraction of the price. I use the black one to tight line and sometimes along the water line. Once this eyeliner is applied, it sets and pretty much stays in place all day without smudging. I use the nude shade to make me look a bit more awake in the morning, some of this along the water line helps make my eye look a bit brighter and less red.

Bourjois Effet Smokey Pencil// This kohl eyeliner smudges, but in a good way. It has a brush at one end which you can use to smudge it out. It doesn't just have the staying power that the Rimmel ones do but it does give you that smudgy smoky eye look.


Now it's time for the eyeliners that aren't just as good in my opinion.

L'Oreal Super Liner// I was so disappointed with this eyeliner, I got it free when I spent over £10 on L'Oreal products so thankfully I didn't actually spend money on it. This is another felt tip liner but it is so hard to apply because the nib is so bendy, this makes it impossible to get a neat straight line. It's also not very pigmented so when you do eventually get a line drawn it's not even that black.

Eyeko Skinny Liquid Eyeliner// This was another freebie, I got this along with a magazine. I didn't use this one until a few weeks after I got it, but when I started using it, it was really dried up even though it hadn't been opened. I don't know if this was a one off, but this is quite an expensive eyeliner so you don't expect it to dry up that quickly, especially if it hasn't been opened.

Collection Extreme 24 Hour Felt Tip Liner// Yet another felt tip liner that I'm not impressed with. Again this one wasn't very pigmented and it fades throughout the day, I start off with a light black line and then it pretty much fades to nothing.

I wear eyeliner almost every day which is why I've managed to try out and go through so many. Even though I don't actually need them I am always on the lookout for new eyeliners, so if you have any recommendations do let me know.

Comments

  1. I love Rimmel Scandaleyes they are so creamy & glide on effortlessly! I love using the nude one on my waterline! I agree with you on the Eyeko liner which I also got with Glamour and with the first application it was already drying up! I thought maybe it was just mine but looks like they're all like that x

    Beauty with charm | Bloglovin

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts