My Favourite Autumn Lipsticks

I absolutely love autumnal colours whether that's in clothing, nail polish or lipstick. Deeper shades of lipstick used to scare me off but last Autumn I embraced the darker lip look and I plan to do the same again this Autumn. My collection of autumnal lip shades has grown over the past year but there are 5 that stand out.


Mac 'Flat Out Fabulous'// This is the lightest shade of the bunch and could probably be worn all year round. This lipstick has a matte finish and is described as a bright plum. I would describe it more as a purple-y toned fuchsia. It is quite a bit brighter than my other lipstick choices but I do think that it works well with autumnal make-up.

Mac 'Heroine'// This shade is described as a bright purple, and that's exactly what it is. Heroine definitely isn't a shade for the feint hearted, you have to be brave to wear this one. This is another matte finish lipstick although I don't find it to be just as matte as Flat Out Fabulous. As with all Mac lipsticks, this one is very pigmented and long lasting.

Mac 'Rebel'// When I think of autumnal lipstick shades, the first one that comes to mind is Rebel. This is the ultimate berry shade that just screams autumn. This is my sisters favourite lipstick and I can definitely see why. This lipstick, paired with a bit of eyeliner and layers of mascara creates the simplest autumn make-up look.

Rimmel Moisture Renew Lipstick 'Dark Night Water-Oops'// This one has a rather strange name. I was searching Superdrug for a dupe for Rebel when I came across this shade. It's slightly darker than Rebel, but as far as drugstore dupes go, this one is pretty close. As the name suggests this one is quite a moisturising lipstick, unfortunately it doesn't last quite as long on the lips as the Mac ones, but it does leave them feeling soft and hydrated.

Collection 'Revenge'// This lipstick started off my love of darker shades. Before I bought this one I only had light pinks and neutral shades in my collection. Unlike all the others that have a purple or pink undertone, this one is more on the red side. 'Revenge' is a deep burgundy red which looks good either dabbed on just to give the lips a hint of colour or full on for a darker look. 

I have quite pale skin which meant that these shades used to scare me off, but I've found that even with my skin tone, I can pull these shades off. It's important to try things out, even if it is something as simple as a new shade of lipstick, you never know what might work for you.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts