Makeup Tips For Glasses Wearers

I wear glasses on a daily basis and feel that they can sometimes restrict my makeup looks as there are some things that just don't work well with glasses. Of course when I'm going out somewhere I wear contact lenses so I can do whatever I want with my makeup. Wearing glasses regularly means that I've picked up a few things that work for me to help make my eyes stand out from behind the frames.


Concealer// Glasses can sometimes magnify the eye and the area around it which unfortunately means the under eye. Dark circles may be more noticeable which means that it is important to conceal and brighten the area using a light reflecting concealer. For more effectiveness you could use a brightening under eye cream, I like to use the Origins Ginzing eye cream.

Eyeliner// If your glasses make your eyes appear bigger, line the waterline with black eye liner. If, however, the frames make your eyes look smaller definitely stay away from eye liner on the waterline. My frames make my eyes look smaller so if I'm wearing eyeliner I go for liquid liner on the top lash line. Recently I've been wearing brown eyeliner quite a lot as it isn't as harsh as black. Smudged brown eyeliner on the top and bottom lash line gives you a smoky look without it being too harsh.

Lashes// To avoid mascara smudges on your lenses, curl your lashes before applying mascara. This also helps to open up your eyes. 

Eyebrows// Filling in your brows makes such a difference to your face, even if you aren't wearing glasses. They are important especially when you are wearing glasses though, filling them in prevents the frames from becoming the focus and prevents our features from becoming washed out. 

Base// It is important to set your base makeup as I have found that the part of your glasses on the bridge of your nose can easily cause a build up of makeup. It is also important to clean your glasses here in order to prevent spots. 

I have found that these tips work for me when I'm wearing glasses, obviously they won't work for everyone but I hope they are helpful for some of you whether you wear glasses all of the time or just every now and again.

Comments

Popular Posts