Getting Your Makeup Off


As much as I love wearing makeup, there is no better feeling than taking it off at the end of the day. I can be quite lazy with my makeup removal at times, but when its done right you can really feel the difference on your skin. There are a few products that I am using on rotation at the minute to leave my skin makeup free at the end of the night.

I start off by taking my eye makeup off. There's nothing I hate more than waking up the next morning with panda eyes. For this I use the Garnier Simply Essentials 2 in 1 Makeup Remover. This is one of those 2 part solutions that you shake to mix together. I have tried out more expensive eye makeup removers but find this one to be just as good. It's cheap and it works well and that's all I need, I don't see the point in spending a ridiculous amount of money on something that just takes your eye makeup off. This gets rid of all traces of mascara and I don't need to rub at my eyes vigorously with this.

I like to double cleanse just to make sure I've got all my makeup off. For my first cleanse I use the Garnier Micellar Oil-Infused Cleansing Water. I use this on a large cotton pad to remove the bulk of my face makeup. I much prefer the Garnier Micellar Waters to Bioderma.

After this it's time for a deep cleanse. It's hard to believe how much makeup there can be left on your skin even after the first two steps. I have two cleansers that I go between for my second cleanse, the first is the Oskia Renaissance Cleansing Gel which is one of my favourite skincare products ever. This is a rose scented gel that breaks down into an oil and is so good at leaving your skin feeling clean and smooth. 

The other cleanser is the Clinique Take The Day Off Cleansing Balm. This is a newer addition to my skincare routine. With this you just scoop out some of the balm, only a small amount is needed, warm it up between your fingers and massage it into your face. This one also breaks down into an oil and helps remove all traces of makeup.

With both of these cleansers I also regularly use the Clarisonic which not only removes makeup but gives your skin a deep clean.

And then finally to wipe everything away I use a Liz Earle Pure Muslin Cloth. This is the final step in ensuring my face is makeup free before carrying out the rest of my skincare routine.

All this effort to take off some makeup that probably took too long to apply. This is however the most important step in your skincare routine and will help keep your skin clear. 

Comments

Popular Posts