My Palette Collection and Storage


I recently changed up my makeup storage, and when I was having a bit of a clear out I realised that I had a lot more palettes than I thought. I never had anywhere specifically for palettes so they were just put wherever they could fit in my makeup drawer. I had a look on Pinterest to see if I could get an idea of how to store them and saw a photo of palettes stored in a gold metal basket. So I got hunting to see if I could find something similar but in black. H&M Home came to the rescue and I found this Metal Wire Basket for only £9.99, it comes in black and gold. This is just the right size for all of my palettes, which sadly means I can't buy any more for a while. So what palettes do I have?

The one that kicked off my whole palette collection is the Urban Decay Naked Palette. In fact this palette is the reason why there are so many palettes on the market now. It's still one of my favourite neutral eyeshadow palettes and one I still use. Shortly after this one came the Urban Decay Naked Basics Palette. This is a very good basics palette but I don't use it much these days. 

My Mac Quad, well it's actually a trio, is taking a while to fill. I have this over 2 years now and still have a slot to fill. Anytime I choose an eyeshadow I always remember that I already have something similar in another palette. I currently have All That Glitters, Quarry and Satin Taupe. All That Glitters is definitely my favourite and most used of the three. If you have any suggestions for what my fourth shade should be please let me know. 

One palette that I don't get the use out of is the Smashbox Full Exposure Palette, this one is the travel sized version. Whilst this is a nice palette I never have the urge to pick it up and use it. I just think my other palettes are much better and are more pigmented.

On the other hand, some of my most used palettes are the Morphe 35K & 35O. I did a full review of these here which explains why I love these palettes so much. 

My most recent eyeshadow palette is of course the Anastasia Beverly Hill Modern Renaissance Palette. I am so glad I bought this palette and have already got so much use out of it. I have already written a blog post about this beautiful palette so go check it out if you want to read more about it (here).  

I have two blusher palettes, considering blusher is one of my favourite makeup items, I'm surprised the number isn't higher. The first is the Nars Virtual Domination Palette. This was part of their Christmas collection 2 years ago and I initially bought it because it had their Laguna bronzer in it. However now, Deep Throat blusher is what I use most in this palette. 

The Stila Colour Me Pretty Palette is one palette that I never use now. I loved this when I got it but I'm not that big a fan of cream blushers anymore and because of this I never reach for this palette.

And finally contour palettes. I have the Smashbox Step-By-Step Contour Kit and the Kat Von D Shade and Light Palette. I reviewed these a few months ago (here) and am a huge fan of them both. 

Now that I have somewhere to store my palettes all together, I'm hoping that I start to reach for some of the ones I have neglected. However, now that they are all in the one place, I can definitely see that I do not need anymore palettes in my makeup collection. 

Comments

Popular Posts