The Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette

Modern Renaissance Palette
Modern Renaissance Palette
Modern Renaissance Palette

I have never seen a more photographed palette than the Anastasia Beverly Hills Modern Renaissance Palette. It seems like everyone has it and they're all raving about it. When I first saw photos of it I thought it was such a beautiful palette, but then the practical side of my brain kicked in and I started questioning whether I'd actually get the use out of it. By the time the palette was released I had talked myself out of buying it. 

As with all new palettes, all you see on YouTube are makeup tutorials, and the more I watched, the more I fell in love with the palette. So during one of my 1am scrolls through Beauty Bay I gave in and pressed 'add to basket'.

This is such a beautiful palette that is primarily made up of matte shades. It combines some neutral shades with bolder pink and orange eyeshadows. This combination of shades means that there is an innumerable amount of looks that can be created with this palette. I think I will get a lot of use out of this palette, especially in autumn. The burnt orange and red tones make it look very autumnal.

I've had this a few weeks now and have been playing around with some different looks. So far my favourite shades are 'Raw Sienna', 'Primavera' and 'Realgar'. I haven't attempted to use 'Venetian Red' or 'Love Letter' yet but I'll get there.

Texture wise, these eyeshadows are smooth and buttery. They apply so easily and have an impressive pigmentation. They also last very well, I used the Urban Decay Primer Potion, as I do with all eye shadows, and there was no creasing or smudging.

At £41 this palette is definitely an investment, but one that I think was definitely worth it. I am a huge fan of Anastasia Beverly Hills as a brand and think this is a brilliant addition to their hugely popular makeup range. If you own this palette, let me know your thoughts on it.

Comments

Popular Posts