Kat Von D Makeup


As most of you will know Kat Von D makeup launched in the UK last week. This was previously a Sephora exclusive brand, so to be able to finally get my hands on it over here is pretty exciting. This is one counter that I was always drawn to anytime I went to Sephora and I have bought quite a few things from it. If you are unsure about trying out anything from this brand I am going to share my thoughts on the products I own. 

The Tattoo Liner in Trooper is the blackest black liquid eyeliner I have ever used. This was sold out in almost every Sephora I went to and was so hard to get hold of, but I can see why. It's so easy to work with, is super pigmented and does not budge. It's basically the perfect black eyeliner and is worth every penny. 

The Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in the shade Lolita is one of my favourite matte lip colours. I featured this in my 'Makeup Products That Stick Around' post because no other lip product I own sticks around longer than this one. Again this was hard to get hold of, and Lolita is the most popular shade of the Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. The only thing I would say is that the application wand is slightly too long which can make it a bit awkward to apply, but that is just me being really picky.

The Shade and Light Palette is probably my favourite out of all the Kat Von D products I own. When I first got this I was actually scared to use it because I didn't want use it up and then not be able to get another one, I guess I don't have to worry about that anymore. I have tried out quite a few contour kits and have actually done a blog post about them all (here), but this one is definitely my favourite. The shades of powder suit my skin perfectly and it has incredible staying power. 

The last 2 products I own are base products. I didn't think there would be a foundation out there that could rival my beloved Estee Lauder Double Wear, but the Lock-It Tattoo Foundation is almost as good. I say almost because it doesn't just keep me as matte as Double Wear does, but that nothing a bit of powder can't fix. This is a very full coverage foundation that is very thick in consistency, but it is actually very easy to blend out.

On top of the foundation I use the Lock-It Concealer. I just use this for blemishes as the shade I have is too dark for under my eyes. This is some heavy duty concealer that can even cover tattoos. Similarly to the foundation this has a very thick consistency but again it blends out effortlessly. The foundation and concealer I have are actually in the old packaging. They were recently re-packaged and the concealer now has a doe foot applicator. 

Kat Von D is one of my favourite makeup brands. I didn't realise I owned so much until I came to do this blog post. Everything I own is such good quality and I would 100% recommend checking out this brand if you haven't already. 

I'm excited to see a Kat Von D counter in Debenhams stores and will no doubt be picking up a few more things when I do come across one in the future. I have my eye on a couple of the Studded Kiss lipsticks, plus the packaging for those are amazing. Have you tried any Kat Von D makeup out yet?

Comments

Popular Posts