Makeup Products That Stick Around


There's nothing I hate more than investing in some new makeup, only to find that it doesn't last on your face. Be it foundations that melt off after a few hours, eyeshadows that crease or mascaras that smudge and give you panda eyes. Thankfully there are products that work and do last those promised 8, 16 or even 24 hours. These are my top picks and are the products that really do stick around on my face.

The Estee Lauder Double Wear Foundation is hands down the best foundation I have ever used. I have been using this for over a year now and despite it making several appearances on my Instagram feed, I haven't really spoken about it on my blog. This is the only foundation that lasts on my oily skin. I've wore this to concerts, on nights out and on warm days and whilst it feels like it should have completely melted off my face, it stays in place and keeps the shine at bay. This is very full coverage so I wouldn't recommend it if you're looking for something natural and with a light coverage. If you have oily skin however, and cannot get your foundation to last throughout the day, I would definitely recommend giving this a go.

I love a good matte lip, and nothing sticks around longer than the Kat Von D Everlasting Liquid Lipsticks. I have the shade Lolita which is a brown toned pink. This is a creamy texture when it is first applied but it dries down completely matte, and once it is dry it does not budge. I have ate and drank whilst wearing this and it still stayed on my lips. It is that matte that it can be quite drying on the lips if I wear it too long, so lip balm is necessary before and after using this. 

If you read my Eyebrow Game Strong post, you'll know that Anastasia is my go-to brand for eyebrow products. The Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade is the best product to use to keep your eyebrows in shape all day. This stuff does not smudge or fade throughout the day, and with this your eyebrows look as good at the end of the night as they did when this was first applied. 

No matter how good an eyeshadow is, it does not last on my eyelids without creasing. Because of this I use the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on my eyelids before I apply any eyeshadow. This prevents even the cheapest of eyeshadows from creasing and makes my eye makeup last all day. I don't know how it does it, but all I know is that I could not be without this in my makeup collection.  

These are all some serious hard working makeup products that really do stick around on my face. Have you tried any of these out, or do you know if any other products that last as well as these ones?

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts