Review: MUA Lipstick

I'm not a huge fan of Taylor Swift, but after watching her new music video for 'Shake it Off' I fell in love with her makeup, she just had simple black eyeliner with a bright red lip. Since watching the video I really wanted to try out red lipstick to see if it suited me, I've never been brave enough to try out a red lip, but, as it looked so good on her, I thought I needed to give it a go. Plus we have a similar hair colour and I'm pale too so I thought it might work for me, I'll just never look as good as Taylor, obvs. 

Obviously I didn't want to splash out on my first red lipstick so I went for probably one of the cheapest lipsticks out there. MUA's lipstick in Shade 13 cost £1 from Superdrug.


So first off, the colour, it's definitely a red red. Not to dark not to orange, basically the perfect red. The colour is also very opaque, obviously for £1 I was a bit skeptical and thought I'd maybe just get a red tint, but it does give a good colour on the lips. Application of this lipstick is very easy and it leaves a slightly glossy finish. 

I was quite surprised at how long the colour lasted on my lips. I got around 6 hours wear before I needed to re-apply, and that was with eating and drinking. 

For only £1 I was very impressed with this lipstick. The only thing that makes it seem cheap is the smell, it smells like children's makeup. But other than that I love this lipstick. If you are looking to try out a particular lipstick colour I would recommend checking out MUA to see if they have something similar that you could try out first. This would mean you could try out a shade and make sure it suits you. If it doesn't, at least you only spent £1.

Now that I have tried out a red lipstick and found that I actually do like it on me, I might just have to try out some other reds.

Comments

Popular Posts