The Mascara Purge and A New Addition

Like I said in my Bad Beauty Habits post, I have a habit of keeping mascara for longer than 3 months after I use it. However, I thought it was about time I threw some of my old mascaras out, before I risk getting an eye infection. 


I don't even want to think about how long I've had both of these mascaras. They've both featured in quite a few of my blog posts and I will definitely be repurchasing both in the future. Maybelline's The Rocket has become one of my favourite mascaras ever, the only reason I have had it for so long is because I find that it works so much better once it starts to dry up. In fact, I find that most mascaras work a lot better once they have dried up a bit. 

The Revlon Lash Potion Mascara featured in my October favourites last year, that means I have this mascara almost a year (oops, see what I mean about using mascaras longer than I'm supposed to). This mascara is great for lengthening so I used it more as my day mascara. As well as loving the actual product, I of course love the packaging, that's probably why I've kept it so long, because I don't want to throw that packaging out.


The only good thing about getting rid of these two mascaras is that I had an excuse to go out and buy a replacement. I decided to go for the Max Factor False Lash Effect Mascara, which so many people say is their favourite drug store mascara. This mascara has a brush that is very similar to The Rockets so I'll have to see how it compares to my favourite mascara. I haven't got round to trying this one out yet, but no doubt I'll share my opinion on it on here some time in the future. 

Comments

  1. I also agree and think mascaras are way better after a few weeks with a drier formula, as they are just too wet at the beginning making eyelashes clump together. I also think it's okay to have it longer then 3 months (maybe not a year though haha) because if you've got loads on the go at the same time your not actually using them as much x

    Beauty with charm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea a year is a bit too long, I didn't realise it until I looked back at old blog posts. I wasn't using it everyday, but still...oops!

      Delete
  2. I really like your blog. Nice post!
    If you had a minute, it would be lovely if you could checkout my blog!
    www.pickledsunflowers.blogspot.in
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts