A Rather Expensive Haul...

So I promise this is the last blog post that will have anything to do with New York. I didn't want to have a lot of haul posts after each other which is why I've waited a while to post this one. This is everything else that I bought in New York, and whilst there isn't a lot here, all of these things were pretty pricey and total splurges.


Let's start with what is quite possibly my most ridiculous purchase ever, a Burberry Scarf. This is the Heritage Check Cashmere Scarf in Camel Check. I have wanted a Burberry scarf for ages but it's something that I never thought I would actually buy. Any time someone finds out I own this all I hear is "You paid how much for a scarf?". But in my defence, this is a classic and something I have already worn so much.

Just over a year ago I got my first Michael Kors bag and I thought now was the time to add another to my collection. I already own a black one so I wanted to get a completely different colour this time but still go for the 'Selma' shape. Needless to say, as a handbag lover, it was a difficult decision, but in the end I went for the 'Selma Medium Colour-Block Saffiano Leather Satchel' in Nude, White and Peanut. This is the smaller size than my Selma but it's still big enough to fit everything I need and I absolutely love the colours. I am going to get a lot of use out of this, especially in the spring and summer months.

Why settle for just getting a Michael Kors bag, why not get a purse too? In fairness I did need a new purse and I love the simplicity of the Michael Kors ones. I loved the white with gold hardware as it matches both of my bags, but it may have been a slightly stupid decision to go for white as it is going to get dirty very easily.

My last purchase was an iPad Mini. I've owned an iPad for 3 years, but recently my mum has started taking over mine and pretty much treating it like it's hers. When the iPad mini was released I instantly wanted one but waited it out because I clearly didn't need it. So when I was in New York I took a notion that I would buy one and then gave my old one to my mum. I much prefer the size of the iPad mini.

I think it's safe to say that New York has left me absolutely skint, no shopping for me for a long time. On holiday it's so easy to go overboard on the shopping, my constant thought was 'sure I'm on holiday, I might as well buy it', that thought has left me with a rather ridiculous credit card bill!

Comments

Popular Posts