The Spring Makeup Shake Up

We are coming into Spring and it's time to give my makeup routine a bit of a shake up. I picked up quite a few new makeup products recently and quite a few of them have made it into my Spring makeup routine, as well as some old favourites.


The Guerlain Meteorites Baby Glow is something I had never heard about, it was recommended to me by one of the makeup artists in Sephora and after trying this out in store I was absolutely sold. This is a light reflecting sheer makeup base, which is basically another take on the BB cream/tinted moisturiser products. This comes in 3 different shades, I have the lightest shade. I wear this 2 different ways, if I want slightly more coverage or if I'm having a bad skin day I wear this under my foundation. It is very light on the skin but it covers redness and smooths over pores and fine lines and creates a good canvas for applying my foundation. Now coming into the better weather when I'm going for a lighter base I will be wearing this on its own. If I do wear it on its own I go for 2 layers, the first layer smoothes out the skin and the second layer gives me a bit more coverage. I love the finish of this and I'm so glad it was recommended to me. 

Having oily skin means that a setting powder is absolutely essential, however I hate looking extremely matte as it can make my makeup appear cakey. I picked up the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light on a total whim. I have heard so much about these but I never intended on picking one up, it just somehow made its way into one of my Sephora purchases! I'm so glad I did end up getting it though because this is such a beautiful powder, Hourglass products are incredible quality. Now I'm not going to lie, I didn't know what the difference in each of the Ambient Lighting Powders were, I just picked up Dim Light because it was the least shimmery of the lot. This powder sets my makeup beautifully and gives a matte but glow-y finish which is very natural looking.

I am so happy I finally have my hands on the Tarte Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Blush in Captivating. This has been on my wishlist for ages and I finally own it. Captivating is a soft peach shade that is the perfect blush colour for this time of year. The Tarte blushes are so pigmented and blend out effortlessly. Despite wanting so many different shades I only ended up getting 2, but having tried them out I am definitely going to have to get a few more in the future.

I like a softer look for the eyes in the Spring months and I have been making a conscious effort to use my Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette more. I have been loving the shades Trick, Nooner and Liar and have been creating a shimmery, soft smokey eye using this palette lately. 

In keeping with a softer eye look I've ditched black eyeliner recently and opted for brown instead. My current favourite is Mac Eye Kohl in Teddy which is a red toned brown. I have previously tried out brown liners from e.l.f. and L'Oreal but I much prefer the colour of Teddy. As well as using this with eyeshadow I also like using this on its own smudged along the top and bottom lash lines with layers of mascara.

Speaking of mascara my sample of the Benefit Roller Lash I got free along with Elle magazine has been getting a lot of loving lately. I wasn't a fan of the They're Real mascara so I was a bit skeptical about the latest offering from Benefit, but I was actually pleasantly surprised. I love how well this mascara holds a curl and find that it give good length. I don't find it to be overly volumising which is why I stick to wearing it during the day.

And finally lips. I been going quite neutral lately using Mac Creme Cup with Tanya Burr Lipgloss in Afternoon Tea worn over it. I need to stock up on Spring lipstick shades because most of the colours I own are quite bold and I prefer something softer in the Spring.

How do you shake up your makeup routine for Spring? Have you tried out any of the products I mentioned?

Comments

  1. Love this! I need to get my hands on the roller lash mascara!
    Rachel Coco

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts