Favourite Drug Store Mascaras

Last week I dedicated a blog post to my favourite makeup item, blusher. This week it's all about mascara, which comes a close second. I've tried both high end and drug store versions and I definitely think that some drug store brands do mascara very well. Because of this I'm going to focus this post on my favourite mascaras that the drug store has to offer.



The first ever mascara that made me think 'Wow this is amazing' is Maybelline's The Falsies. This is also one of the only mascaras that I have ever repurchased, which is a rare thing for me because I always love trying out new mascara. It has a slightly curved 'spoon brush' which coats every lash and doesn't clump. Layering this mascara up makes my lashes look thicker and fuller. It doesn't quite look like I'm wearing false lashes but it does give a dramatic look. 


The newest release from my picks is the Revlon Lash Potion, and yes I did originally buy this because I loved the packaging. It actually did turn out to be a really good mascara that lengthens and separates my lashes. It does start to clump if you apply too many coats but usually 2 is enough. This mascara is one of the more expensive drug store mascaras priced at  £9.99.


My current all time favourite mascara is Maybelline's The Rocket. I've mentioned it numerous times so it comes as no surprise that it is featured in this blog post. It lengthens and gives my lashes volume like no other mascara does. The shorter bristles are perfect for coating every lash, top and bottom. There is no clumping or flaking and it is such an amazing mascara for £7.99. 

As well as these 3 mascaras, there are also some other drug store mascaras I love but don't currently have in my makeup collection. In my opinion Maybelline are the best when it comes to mascara, and as well as the 2 I've already mentioned, I also love the One By One and the Colossal Volume Express Cat Eye. Another favourite is the Lash Accelerator from Rimmel which is one of the best lengthening mascaras.

I'm always on the lookout for new drugstore mascaras, so if you have any recommendations let me know in the comments below.

Comments

  1. Great post, super helpful, and the photos are amazing too!! xx

    www.girluninterpreted.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heya! I nominated you for the 'Very Inspiring Blogger Award', check out my blog to see the details.
    Imogen xx

    a-fashion-fanatic.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love all three of these mascaras too, you have great taste ;) Max Factor 2000 Calorie is also one of my all time favourites xxx
    Alison Speaks Beauty

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts