The Spring Edit

Now that British weather is starting to improve and Spring is finally upon us it's time to ditch the heavy winter makeup and update our routines for the new season.


Base// Gone are the heavy full coverage bases. Spring skin is all about look dewy without having to pile on the foundation. I go for lighter coverage bases that aren't heavy on the skin. The Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation is my favourite to use in Spring and Summer. Maybelline's Super Stay Better Skin is a new addition to my collection. It has a light to medium coverage and lasts all day on the skin.

Cheeks// Spring blush = dewy cream products in pinks and corals. I think powder blushers can be too heavy and chalky looking when paired with Spring and Summer makeup. Instead, I go for cream blushers which give a more natural look to the skin. My favourites are the Topshop and Max Factor cream blushers.

Lips// I don't go to drastic on the lips for Spring, I usually stick to lighter pinks and corals. My favourite lip product is the Revlon Lip Butter in 'Strawberry Shortcake' which is a lovely sheer pink. I also love the Bourjois Colour Boost in 'Peach on the Beach'.

Nails// One word: Pastel. This is my favourite spring trend, especially for nails. Essie is my go-to brand when it comes to pastels, 'Mint Candy Apple' just screams Spring. 'Mini Marshmallows' from Tanya Burr's nail polish line is also the perfect Spring colour as well as Barry M's 'Peach Melba'.

These are the main areas that I make changes to coming into the Spring season. I prefer to brighten up the cheeks and lips and keep my eye makeup quite simple and stick to cream eyeshadows and mascara

Comments

  1. Aww this is a lovely post! :) such gorgeous colours!! :)

    http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/11820023
    genevieveslifeblog.blogspot,com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts