Review: Ren Kit For Combination Skin

After trying out the ClearCalm 3 Clarifying Cleanser (review here) I started looking into other items of skincare from Ren. Of course I was left with a long list of not so cheap products that I wanted to try out. I came across their travel kits which included one for combination skin.

The Ren Kit For Combination Skin is a great way to try out different products without having to buy the full size of each. This try me kit contained the Invisible Pores Detox Mask (15ml), the Mayblossom T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel (25ml), and the T-Zone Balancing Day Fluid (15ml). 



Invisible Pores Detox Mask// This mask was the main reason I got this kit, I was originally going to buy the full size as I've heard many good things about it. This is a clay mask that is designed to reduce the appearance of pore size and leave skin purified and toned. Having tried this mask out, I'm glad I didn't go for the full size, as I have found it does absolutely nothing for my skin other than leaving it feeling soft. It isn't as good as other clay masks I've tried out in the past. The full size is £18 and I think that there are better and cheaper alternatives out there.

Mayblossom T-Zone Control Cleansing Gel// This was my least favourite product from the kit. It had a very runny consistency that was quite hard to work with and a lot of it was needed to fully cleanse my face. It also didn't smell that great. I just didn't get on with this cleanser and find that cream cleansers work a lot better for my skin.

T-Zone Balancing Day Fluid// This turned out to be the surprise favourite from the kit. It is a light moisturiser that leaves the skin feeling moisturised but not oily or greasy. It sinks into the skin and only a small amount is needed. Of course my favourite product is the most expensive in the full size version, £21 for 50ml. I'm not sure if I would repurchase this as I have tried cheaper moisturisers that are just as good.

Buying this kit was definitely beneficial as it did give me a chance to try out these products and it now means I'm not stuck with full size products that I don't really like. I wish more skincare brands would bring out something like this.

Comments

Popular Posts