Review: Zoeva Classic Brush Set

Zoeva is a German brand that has only been around for 5 years. I've seen their brushes feature in quite a few blog posts recently and they've all been getting positive reviews. I was planning on buying the Rose Gold Brush Set that was released a while ago but it is constantly sold out. Instead I settled for the Classic Brush Set which contains 8 brushes for face and eyes. This set also came with a large brush clutch which features the Zoeva logo.

The first thing I noticed about these brushes is how incredibly soft they are. They are made of both natural and synthetic bristles and so far there has been no shedding. 


Face Brushes:

125 Stippling Brush// This duo fibre brush is perfect for applying foundation. Using this brush in circular motions blends foundation into the skin and leaves it looking natural.

128 Cream Cheek Brush// I find this brush works well when used for contouring as opposed to cream blush as its name suggests. The angled shape fits perfectly into the hollows of the cheek to create a contour.

105 Luxe Highlight Brush// This brush was the main reason I chose this brush set. I didn't have a highlight brush and liked the looked of this one. The tapered shapes makes it easy to highlight the cheek bone without going overboard.

142 Concealer Buffer// I don't use this brush to blend out concealer, instead I use it to apply an all over colour to my eyelid. I find that this works a lot better than the flatter eyeshadow brushes I used to use.


Eye Brushes:

228 Crease Brush// This brush is perfect for applying and blending out eyeshadow in the crease. The tapered shape of the brush makes it perfect for creating definition in the crease.

227 Soft Definer// This brush looks very similar to the Mac 217, I'm not sure if it is an exact dupe as I've never tried the Mac one but there definitely seems to be similarities between the two. I use this once my eye makeup is almost finished just to make sure everything is blended properly. You can never have too many blending brushes.

230 Pencil Brush// This brush is the perfect shape for applying eyeshadow on the lower lash line. The tapered point of the brush means you can be very precise or you can use it to smudge out shadow on the lower lash line for a smokier effect.

317 Wing Liner Brush// Not only do I love this brush for pressing black eyeshadow into the upper lash line, but it is also a good brush for filling in your eyebrows.

All of these brushes are such high quality yet inexpensive. This kit is priced at £46 which means that each brush costs just under £6 each. However, it is important to note that the shipping is quite expensive as it is international shipping. There is a flat rate shipping and handling charge of £7.50 to the UK. The estimated delivery time is 2-5 working days, my order arrived in 4 working days.

As well as this set, Zoeva do a range of other brush sets, single brushes and palettes, all available from their website.

Comments

  1. I've nominated you for the inspiring blogger award! Here's a link to my post - http://emilyatsunset.blogspot.co.uk/2014/04/very-inspiring-blogger-award.html

    emily X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts