My Top 5 Brushes

You could have some of the best makeup products in your collection, but without the right brushes you may not be getting the most out of these products. I think that brushes are one of the most important parts of your makeup collection and they don't necessarily have to be expensive, all of my favourites are below £15. I have been slowly building up my brush collection over the past few years and there are a few brushes that stand out, some are old favourites and some are newer additions.


Real Techniques Expert Face Brush//  This was one of the first Real Techniques brushes I bought and I think it's one of the best. I mentioned this brush way back in The Tool Kit post I wrote last November, and despite trying out other brushes since then, this is still my favourite for applying foundation. It's so quick and easy to blend foundation into the skin with this brush.

Zoeva Luxe Pencil Brush// This brush is my new favourite for applying eyeshadow along the lower lash line. This used along with Buck from the Naked palette creates a soft smokey effect along the lower lash line.

Zoeva Luxe Highlight Brush// This is another favourite from the Zoeva Classic Brush Set. I use this brush to apply and blend out highlighter. As well as using this to highlight the tops of the cheek bones, its tapered shape means that this is also a good brush to contour with. 

Sigma Small Contour Brush// This is the brush I use to apply powder blush. It is the perfect size for applying blush to the apples of the cheeks. 

Zoeva Concealer Buffer// Despite being called a Concealer Buffer, I find this brush works best when used to apply eyeshadow. It is much better than a flat eyeshadow brush for packing colour onto the lid.

It's pretty clear that Zoeva is my favourite brush brand. Despite only owning these brushes for a few months, I find that I reach for them over some of my older brushes. Like I said, you don't have to go for expensive brushes to get good quality. Zoeva definitely have the best quality brushes for a reasonable price.

What are your favourite brushes in your collection?

Comments

  1. Great post! I really need to try some Zoeva brushes, I keep hearing so much about them. I love the Sigma and the Real Techniques brushes :) xx
    Alison Speaks Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you about the importance of makeup brushes! I love my Real Techniques Expert Face Brush as well. I was a mineral foundation person until I started using this brush to apply liquid foundations and was totally converted. I haven't tried Zoeva yet, but I'd really like to!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post has been really helpful as i want to buy some decent make up brushes!
    Thank you :D
    Genevieveslifeblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts