June Favourites

You know the drill by now, end of the month = obligatory monthly favourites blog post. So here's what I've been loving in the month of June.


I featured the Rimmel Matte BB Cream in a Haul post a few weeks back, since then I've been using it quite a lot and have really come to love it. The only reason I bought this was because Superdrug had none of the Maybelline one I usually use, but I actually now prefer this over the Maybelline BB Cream. This is a 9-in-1 BB Cream that claims to control shine, mattify and even the skin tone amongst other things. This is the only base product that keeps my skin looking matte all day. I have the light shade which works well with my skin tone. This product gives good coverage without looking cakey or feeling heavy on the skin. All in all I really love this BB Cream and it has become my new favourite.

I was in need of a clarifying shampoo and decided I would try out something different instead of buying the L'Oreal Professionnel one again. I got the Rusk Clarify Shampoo without really knowing much about it, I had heard about the brand before but that was it. I ended up really liking this shampoo, it lathers up really well and feels really refreshing when washing your hair. I use this once a week to give my hair a deep clean and help remove any product build up, it leaves my hair feeling lightweight and squeaky clean without drying it out.

During the summer I prefer to wear light and fresh fragrances instead of heavy perfumes. I've been reaching for the Body Shop Early Harvest Raspberry Eau de Toilette pretty much every day this past month. Raspberry is one of my favourite scents and the Raspberry range from the Body Shop is one of their best. This is the perfect summer scent, it's light, fruity and the scent stays around for a good amount of time too.

I have mentioned my love for Zoeva brushes numerous times, the 128 Cream Cheek Brush however wasn't one of my favourites simply because I had no use for it. I have the Mac 168 which is a similar shape and I always ended up using it over the Zoeva brush. Since washing my Mac 168 a few times I have found that it has gone really out of shape as it doesn't work as well for contouring now. Because of this I starting using the Zoeva brush and have actually found that it works better at creating a contour. I've washed the Zoeva brush numerous times and it has still kept it's shape. I'm just raging that the most expensive brush I own is pretty much useless now.

June brought along some new discoveries and a couple of products that I will probably be repurchasing quite a lot in the future. What have you been loving in the month of June?

Comments

  1. Zoeva brushes are amazing! I'd like to try that BB cream. I've been searching for one for a while and feel like I'm about to give up! haha xx

    Angela | The Sunday Chapter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard pretty good things about that BB cream! I've never heard of Zoeva but it looks nice and dense!

    New follower here x
    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts