The Lower Lash Smudge

Recently I've been loving the look of eye shadow smudged along the lower lash line. Not only does it look great with a smokey eye, it also works well if your going for a simple eye look with only one or two shadow colours.



I came across a very old Benefit eye shadow that I was given years ago (it probably should have been thrown out a long time ago) and it turns out that it's a pretty good dupe for Satin Taupe. Benefits 'Trust Fund Baby' is a bit lighter that Satin Taupe but there definitely are similarities between the two shades. 

I use a small amount of either of these shades on the Zoeva 230 Luxe Pencil Brush which is the perfect size and shape to use along the lower lash line. I start at the outer corner of my eye and blend the shadow along my lower lash line. The good thing is you don't have to be neat, in fact the messier the better because your going for a messy smudged out look.

As well as using slightly shimmery shades, this also works well with matte mid-tone brown shades, I particularly love Buck from the Naked palette. Eyeshadow along the lower lash line also helps to make black eyeliner on the waterline look less harsh.

This is such a simple step in my eye makeup routine yet it makes such a difference. I rarely leave the house without some sort of shadow smudged along my lower lash line.

Comments

Popular Posts