Travel Beauty Tips

So Summer is finally upon us and that means one thing, holiday time! As good as holidays are, there is one downside, packing. I don't mind packing clothes, it's the makeup and skincare part I don't like. Narrowing down your makeup collection into a portable suitcase-friendly sized collection is no easy task. I've listed a few tips that will hopefully make packing a little bit easier.


Make the most of your palettes// A good neutral palette is a must. I always bring my Urban Decay Naked Palette with me anytime I go away. It's perfect for simple day makeup and smokier evening makeup. Plus, a palette takes up very little room in your suitcase.

Miniatures and samples are your friend// You know all those samples of moisturiser you get free in magazines, they will come in handy now. I always have samples of moisturiser lying around and holiday time is the perfect time to use them up instead of bringing along a big bottle of moisturiser. This is also when the miniature 10ml perfumes come in handy.

Use Travel Bottles/Jars// Decanting the essentials into travel sized containers is one way to streamline your collection. You can pick up a set of travel bottles and jars for around £1 in Primark. These come in really handy for shampoo, conditioner, shower gel and cleanser. Plus, these travel size bottles are 100ml which means you can take them in your hand luggage.

Don't Go OTT// Yes you might have 5 different foundations to choose from when you're doing your makeup at home, but do you really need to bring them all with you? Narrow everything down and only bring your favourite products with you. While I'm on holiday I want to keep my makeup simple and get it done as quickly as possible. If you're somewhere hot do you really want a full face of makeup anyway? 

Remember the Essentials// No matter what, I always end up forgetting something. I most commonly forget lip balm, tweezers, a powder brush and hair grips. I think it's inevitable that, no matter how much planning you do, something will be left behind.

If you are lucky enough to be going off on holiday this summer, I am very jealous. But I do hope you have an amazing time!

Comments

Popular Posts