Review: Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara

It's been a while since I tried out a new mascara and the new launch from Bourjois caught my eye. I hadn't heard much about this before buying it, but Bourjois have been on top of their game as far as recent product launches go, and I was hoping this would be just as good.


The brush in unlike any mascara wand I've ever seen. It is a plastic wand with standard straight bristles and also spherical bristles, taking inspiration from professional round hair brushes. The spherical bristles coat the whole lash and the straight bristles define every lash whilst preventing clumping. Hefty claims from a mascara which promises to do all this in 1 second.

I have to say I'm very impressed with this mascara, I usually hate mascaras when they are just open, and normally have to wait until the formula dries up a bit before I can really form an opinion. But with this one I liked it from the first use. 1 coat separates out my lashes but it's not until you apply the second coat that you get the volume. 1 coat would be perfect for a day makeup look and 2 coats creates dramatic volume that would work well with evening makeup.

It doesn't quite do the job in 1 second, but the wand does coat every lash without clumping. The formula wore well throughout the day with no flaking or smudging. It is also easy enough removed with a good eye makeup remover.

The Bourjois Volume 1 Seconde Mascara is available in standard (16 hour hold) and waterproof (24 hour hold) formulas priced at £9.99.

Comments

Popular Posts