Neglected Products

Being obsessed with makeup and constantly adding new products to my collection means that there are some things that do get neglected. This is either because I've got a new product that is better, or just because I'm not that fussed on the product anymore. A few days ago I went through my collection to remind myself of what I had, and what products I don't use as much anymore.


Sleek Storm Palette// Before the whole Naked palette craze, Sleek palettes were the ones to have. I got the Storm palette which is one of their more neutral palettes. I got quite a lot of wear out of this palette, mainly from the top row of colours, the metallic blues and green weren't just as wearable. Now I own a few of the Naked palettes and am starting a Mac palette I don't reach for this palette at all anymore. 

Sleek Blush// There was a time when I loved this blush and used it all the time, it's actually the only blush I've ever hit pan on. 'Suede' is a deep coral colour that almost looks like a bronzer and could actually work as a contour colour. I tend to go for more pinky toned blushers nowadays.

L'Oreal Miss Manga Mascara// I got this mascara when it launched in January, when I reviewed it back then I wasn't that fond of it. I tried this mascara out quite a few times but every time I used it I just liked it less and less. It made my lashes look so spidery and clumpy and I eventually just gave up on it. It's been lying in my makeup drawer ever since, I would actually need to throw it out.

E.L.F. Makeup Mist & Set// This is another product that was replaced by a similar product from Urban Decay. I bought this when I wasn't prepared to spend the money on the Urban Decay setting spray. However, since then I've bought the Urban Decay version and obviously it's much better.

Maybelline Colour Sensational Lipstick// This time last year I was starting to get into lipstick and this was one of the first colours I bought. 'Summer Pink' is quite a light shimmery pink that I did wear quite a bit last summer, but since then I haven't got much wear out of it, mainly because I've bought new lipstick colours that I prefer.

Bourjois Intuituve Liner// This is another product that I never really got on with from the start. It's a 3 end felt tip liner that claims to make the lash line look thicker and make eyeliner application easier. This eyeliner is very easy to apply but it definitely lacked pigmentation. I had to go over the line a few times to make it look completely black. It also lacked staying power, despite claiming 24 hour wear, this eyeliner faded and smudged on my quicker that any other eyeliner I've tried.

I'm going to try and incorporate some of these products back into my makeup routine and get some use out of them, I hate having products lying around that I don't use. Other products, like the mascara and eyeliner are just going to have to be thrown out. There's no point in keeping products that are never going to be used. 

Comments

  1. Great post! I'm guilty of having a backload of neglected products. I'm always obsessed when I first get them then I find something better. I too neglect my Sleek palette and the Maybelline Color Sensational Lipsticks even though they're both great!

    Sheri | Behind The Frames

    ReplyDelete
  2. This post is reminding me that I have to start shopping my stash again! I love the Miss Manga mascara! It's a daily staple for me.

    Btw, I nominated you for a liebster award: http://berry-mix.livejournal.com/358504.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts